Many women do not consider parenting because they feel they won’t have the resources they would need. Today though, there is more support and resources available than ever before for women who choose to parent independently. Parenting is a difficult job for anyone. The good news is you do not have to do it alone.
What do I need to know about parenting?
Parenting may not have been in your life’s plan right now, but it is possible to be a successful parent on your own. Choosing to parent is not an easy task and is a life-long commitment, but we are here to help you. We have programs and services in place to help you with this decision.
Ask yourself some of the following questions as you consider parenting:
- Do I have support from my partner or parents?
- How will parenting impact my job or education?
- Can I financially support a child?
- What resources are available to help me raise my child?
We want to help you work through these questions and others. Sometimes, just having a few heart-felt conversations with your partner, parents, employers, and others can answer them for you.
How We Can Help
Our goal is to help you get off to the best start possible. Here are some things we can do to help you through pregnancy and parenting:
- Information on hospitals and prenatal clinics
- Prenatal, childbirth and parenting videos
- Information on medical aid, financial aid, and other support services
- Instructor-taught classes on pregnancy, childbirth, newborn care and more
- One-on-one mentoring
- Material assistance to include diapers and baby essentials
Fear and a lack of finances are the main reasons you might not choose to parent, but we have a number of community resources that can help you. Let us show you how we can support you during this next chapter of your life! You don’t have to prepare for parenting on your own.